This part of dentistry deals with dental implants. Tooth implants are, in principle, artificial tooth roots, which are inserted instead of missing teeth into the jaw bone.
There are around 80 major manufacturers producing over 300 implant forms. In our practice we mainly use titanium implants, which are screwed into the jaw bone with a kind of thread. Titanium behaves in a biologically neutral manner, does not trigger allergic or foreign body reactions and is therefore well tolerated. Screw implants benefit from the fact that the wound heals comparatively quickly.
- To replace individual teeth. Unlike a bridge, the neighboring teeth do not have to be ground. With an optimal initial position and good healing, the gums lie down around the dental crown and nothing indicates to the loss of the tooth anymore.
- If the molars are not present by birth. After completion of the jaw growth and orthodontic pretreatment, single implants can be placed.
- For larger gaps between the teeth, when a normal dental bridge can no longer be used. For each tooth to be replaced, an implant is used which later carries a dental crown. If the gaps are very large, at least two implants are used as bridge abutments.
- In the so-called free-end gap (free-end edentulism) or as a total substitute. Many prosthesis wearers complain about pressure marks in poorly fitting dental prostheses. Implants improve the wearing comfort of a prosthesis.
The dental implantology almost always provides a fixed dental prosthesis. This allows you to benefit from several advantage
- Nobody sees that you are wearing implants.
- You will not feel your implants and you can eat everything.
- Implants are fixed and safe. Nothing can slip or fall out while you are talking or laughing.
- Implants prevent progressing bone resorption in toothless jaw regions.
- Implants protect the adjacent teeth and can also be used if the tooth gap has existed for years. Thanks to the artificial tooth roots, individual teeth can be replaced or larger tooth gaps can be closed.
- Implants are particularly suitable for the permanent fixing of dental prostheses.
- Even completely toothless upper and lower jaws can be equipped with teeth again through implants.
- Dental implants are suitable for all healthy adults. There is no age limit.
Our team has more than 20 years of experience in the field of implantation and different systems for bone formation. The treatment begins with the evaluation of the images we record with our DVT device. After that, we plan the bone formation using the computer and we check if you will tolerate the implant materials well. The surgery is finally carried out in our modern operating rooms.
Dental implantation is performed on an outpatient basis under local anesthesia. In this largely painless procedure, the mucous membrane is laid aside and the implant bed is prepared step by step. After fixing the implant, the gum is sutured. Complications can often be avoided with good aftercare in terms of cooling, using compresses and taking anti-inflammatory drugs.
We will be glad to explain to you other aspects that are important during and after the treatment in a personal interview. Please contact us directly in order to make an appointment.